day 9: choosing to trust

reading: genesis 17, 18; psalms 19-21; matthew 11

"some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God." psalm 20:7
something that God has been working on in me {for a while now} is the bigger question of trust. of course, if you asked me if i trusted God, my immediate answer would be yes, and in the quick second, it would be true. there are many things that i trust God for.

but in the following seconds, when i actually thought about my life, the bigger aspects of my life, health, family, finances, job, etc., my answer would begin to waver. yes, i want to trust God with everything, but that age-old question keeps rearing its ugly head, can God be trusted? does God think important the things that i do? are we on the same page? {which basically translates, to am i on God's page.}

i wrote a post last month about whether or not it matters why we choose to trust God. while i'm still not sure of the answer, i think all i can do is in this moment, even when all my fears and failures are haunting me, choose to trust him. and in five minutes, i will need to make the choice again. and probably a thousand other times today, will i need to choose to trust in God, and not in all the horses and chariots of my life that tempt me to trust in them instead of God.

like so many things in life, it comes down to a choice...

0 comments: